UH120P Personnel Winch
Our Personnel Winch is designed as a personnel winch for a single user (as defined within ANSI Z359.4-2007) and as a Mechanical Retrieval/Lifting Device (as defined in OSHA 1910 146 & ANSI Z117.1 & ANSI Z359.4-2007) for attaching a person entering or exiting a confined space. This product has been tested in accordance with ANSI and OSHA requirements and meets all standards. Made in the U.S.A.
- Double braking system—primary and secondary brakes.
- Double pawl primary brake for maximum safety.
- Primary brake holds load in place when crank handle is released.
- The secondary brake system consists of notching wheel, 2 pawls, and 2 special tension springs, all stainless steel construction.
- Continuous braking system prevents free-wheeling of drum.
- Secondary brake activates only when drum is free-wheeling.
- Built-in, shock-absorbing mechanism for secondary brake.
- Cable guide for correct placement on drum.
- Optional built-in, shock-type counterweight.
- Stainless steel handle with 3 positions: transportation, working – 12” long to rotate cable up and down, and short handle 6” long for faster lowering capability.
- Winches are available in 50’, 80’ or 110’ lengths in either 3/16” stainless steel cable or synthetic rope.
- Total weight: 30 lbs. (13.5 kg.) with 80’ (24 m.) cable. Weights of mounting bracket and optional counterweight are included.
- Basic dimensions: Length – 10.75” (26.8 cm); Width – 8.25” (20.6 cm.); eight – 10.20” (25.5 cm) including adapter. Height of adapter is 2” (5 cm.).
- Capacity: Maximum working load – 350 lbs. (157.5 kg.).
- Minimum working load: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg.).
- Cable construction: 3/16” (4.8 cm.) diameter aircraft stainless steel or Technora 12 with 3/16” (4.8 cm.) black rope cable.
- Full capacity of the drum: 120’ (36 m.). Cable length can be changed upon customer’s request.
- Stainless steel cable tensile strength: 3,750 lbs. (1,688 kg.); Technora 12 Rope: 5,500 lbs. (2,475 kg.)
- Gear ratio is 5:1 constructed of galvanized steel.
- Average mechanical advantage: 22.
- Raise/lower speed of drum: 20’/minute (6 m.)
- Do not continue to rotate handle counter-clockwise if red painted area on the cable appears.
- Do not continue to rotate handle clockwise if force seriously increases.